Mini skeins are perfect for:
--Freeform knitting and crocheting
-- scrap quilts like the Beekeeper Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits (We have a starter
--Christmas ornaments - *one year Laura knit 60 tiny sweaters, all different, and hung them
-- sock trim, heels, toes
-- cocheted motifs
-- yo yos
-- Barbie, doll knits
***The full pound order has had anywhere from 56 to 78 minis in it!!!! Yours may have more or less depending on the length of each skein, but we think this listing is something to get excited about :D *see FAQ #2 :)
These skeins are...
-- 12- 45 yards each
-- sock weight, fingering weight
-- Gauge 7 sts/in, US 0-3 needle
-- Superwash or washable
-- Part commercial yarns (approx 75%) and part hand painted in our studio ( approx 25%)
-- some duplicates, but few. We really do try to avoid this :D
-- mostly, but not all, self striping, variegated yarns
They are not...
-- labeled. It takes 2-3 hours to get this order ready even without labeling. We're not
complaining, we simply don't want to raise the price for you :D
-- Hand picked for you. See above note. That said, you can always tell us your favorite colors and we will do our very best! We roll that way ;)
1. Where does your yarn come from? We scour sales and more sales to bring you as big and joyous an assortment possible. We shop and re-skein so you don't have to!
Typically, if it is a yarn for which we are unfamiliar, we will look up what others have to say about the yarn on Ravelry. We have turned down some very inexpensive sock yarn because the Rav review was poor! If we don't want it in our scrap quilt, we assume that you will not either. :)
2. Why does the number of skeins vary so much per pound? Well, when we are re-
skeining, we try to vary the colors in the assortment as well as in each skein as much
as possible. If a variegated yarn changes color every 10-12 yards, it is a needless effort to break it up into individual minis. We suspect you will find it more useful to break it up where you want it. More choice for you, less work for us (and there is plenty already. Which we don't mind. Really. :)
3. What happens if you don't have enough variety (we ALWAYS have enough yarn, but
we assume that you are looking for variety when you order) when we place the
order? Well, here's (another) the fun part. *If* we happen to run out of enough
*variety* we will wind off white yarn and dye it for you, every skein in different colors!
*See photo #5 (Those are 4 ounce cups!) Which brings us to #4....
4. Why does it take up to a week to ship this order? Well, we want each shipment to be special. We know that this is a lot of money to spend in yarn in one order. So, sometimes, we have to dye yarn to round out the color assortment. It also takes several hours to wind up your yarn. During our busier times, it can be tough to find a few hours in a day and sometimes... our wrists hurt. So... we take breaks. It keeps us going. As does your excitement :D
5. What are your base yarns for dyeing for this order? Currently, we are using two base yarns. One is a 75% Superwash Merino and 25% Nylon, the other is 60% Superwash Merino, 30% Bamboo, 10% Nylon. We especially loooove the later for it's sheen and softness, and use it more often than not.
6. Why is the shipping SO HIGH on this listing? (emphasis ours :) Fear not, Fiberista! Etsy only allows us to list shipping so many ways and the shipping here is computed for the one pound listing. If you order less than that, we will happily refund the shipping. Unless we forget—and then we will be thrilled to be reminded. But… we usually do this at the time we print the shipping label so we won't forget :) But… remind us if we do. But we won't. Yes, we're totally being silly at this point :)
7. Can I get a half pound or whole pound of all hand painted minis ? Sure! Check this out:
FYI: We're cat, dog & rabbit friendly people, but we have a separate studio facility where our fibers are stored and prepped.
*** We often ship your fiber/yarn with an herbal sachet. If you would prefer that we not, please let us know :)
Photographed in varying lights--because monitors all display colors differently. Skeins pictured are from previous batches and may/may not be included in purchase. We are always buying new yarn :D
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
We have a handful of wholesale accounts, but at this time, we are not looking for more. We thank you for your interest :)
The ability to customize, personalize orders is the number one reason we work mostly on a "made to order" basis. We want you to have everything just as you need/want it! We understand that this makes our shipping times slower, but we hope you will agree that we are worth the wait :)
Not always. Let us know if this is important, and we will make it happen.
It's a long, convoluted answer having to do with the fact that we offer variations of weight in our batts and other items. We pay the extra shipping on larger batts, but we have no way of setting the shipping lower on the sample sizes, so we have to meet somewhere in the middle --which is often WAY too much if you are ordering a quantity of sample batts.
And yes. We can fix it, just message us. Or.. check out and leave us a note reminding us to refund your excess shipping. Either way, we understand. We hate overpaying for shipping too :D
If we forgot them, of course we will :D
But first... take a peek on the side of the foam. 99.99% of the time, they are there, just overlooked.
We dye a very large proportion (60-75%!!) of our wool, Firestar and Silk. We're really proud of the number of colors we offer-- and we only have plans to do more. We do this because it the work we love to do, it's one of many things that we think make our work worthwhile, special. Additionally, we do not want our batts sitting in inventory, compacting from lack of use. And then... what if you want to customize the batt? We do that too :D
We make our batts to order because we make them for you— and we make a LOT of them, so there is usually a line when you order as well. We think they are worth the wait and hope that you will too. Naturally, if you need something faster, let us know. We work magic, that's what we do :D